Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The World Around Us

Hey hey. So for my journalism class, we had to take some pictures with specific criteria like leading lines, up-close, sports photos, etc. I thought this was such a fun assignment! I loved taking photos of everything around us that we don't really look for in our day to day life. It's so refreshing :)

I actually found it pretty peaceful to take these photos and it was also relaxing and calming. I just loved it. This is actually one of the first times I've used a legit camera to take photos with. Other times, I've just used my iTouch or one of my family member's iPhone. I used the Kodak EasyShare V610.

So... I've picked out a few out of my many (around 95) photos, and I thought I would share them with you. These are my favorites, and I thought they had something interesting about them or I just plain liked the way they were taken. Enjoy!

I thought the shadow was kinda cool, it sort of jumps down every step of the bleachers. This angle made the legs look really long and kind of distorted. It's not of the best shot ones, but I like it. :)

 I really thought this photo was pretty cool. I didn't know about the camera's macro function so I didn't use it at the time, but I still thought it turned out pretty well. The flower fills up a lot of the screen while the leaves are in the background and a little blurrier. I love the colors of the flower against it's white petals, too!

This photo is so cute! We were walking back to class when I spotted some little mushroom growing in the grass we were walking on. It reminds me of some kind of magical forest like in fairytales. 

I also really liked this photo because I thought it was a really nice framing photo. The cement wall acts as a great foreground frame and my friend in the center is so cute there. Love this photo!

Well, I hope you liked them.. and I'm sure to improve the more I take! This was such a fun assignment and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for reading.
- CindyC.

No comments:

Post a Comment