Saturday, August 25, 2012

May2012 Designs

Hi! This is going to be the second "installation" of my fashion illustration series. I know I really should design more... but sometimes I'm just not inspired. sigh. I hope I can get back to that soon. Maybe I'll try to crank something out sometimes this week.

Anyways, enough of my babbling; here are the two designs that I came up with in the month of May.


This one was drawn on May 15th. As you might be able to tell, it was inspired by penguins. She's wearing a sort of menswear-inspired ensemble. Her top is a sleeveless blouse with a coral-colored Peter Pan Collar and white buttons going down the middle. She has a charcoal sash around her waist and innocent, white, lace shorts. Her heels are also the same color as the collar, taken from the color I think of when I think of penguin feet. The shape of the shoe is also taken from the shape of their feet.


This one was drawn a couple days after the last one -- on the 19th. My inspiration was Dory from Finding Nemo because I really liked the pattern and the colors of Dory. It's such a cool graphic design and the blue, black, and yellow really go well together. This was meant to be a sporty-type dress, so that's why she has her hair pulled back, cool sunglasses and tennis shoes. I'm personally really proud of this design :).

Thanks for reading... and start illustrating! (:
- CindyC.

No comments:

Post a Comment